Music- Christoph von Schmidt; Text: Johann Abraham Peter Schulz
- O come, little children, O come, one and all. O come to the manger in Bethlehem's stall. There meekly He lieth, the heavenly Child; So poor and so humble, so sweet and so mild.
- The hay is His pillow, the manger His bed. The beasts stand in wonder to gaze on His head. Yet there where He lieth, so weak and so poor; Come shepherds and wise men to kneel at His door.
- He’s born in a stable for you and for me, Draw near by the bright gleaming starlight to see, In swaddling clothes lying so meek and so mild, And purer than angels the heavenly child.
- See Mary and Joseph with love beaming eyes, Are gazing upon the rude bed where He lies, The shepherds are kneeling, with hearts full of love, While angels sing loud hallelujahs above.
- Kneel down and adore Him with shepherds today, Lift up little hands now and praise Him as they; Rejoice that a Savior from sin you can boast, And join in the song of the heavenly host.
- Now "Glory to God!" sing the angels on high. And "Peace upon Earth!" heavenly voices reply. Then come little children, and join in the day That gladdened the world on that first Christmas Day.
© Copyright 2018 RK Deverich. All rights reserved.