Text: John Nicholson; Music: Samuel McBurney
- "Come, follow me," the Savior said. Then let us in his footsteps tread, For thus alone can we be one With God's own loved, begotten Son.
- "Come, follow me," a simple phrase, Yet truth's sublime, effulgent rays Are in these simple words combined To urge, inspire the human mind.
- Is it enough alone to know That we must follow him below, While trav'ling thru this vale of tears? No, this extends to holier spheres.
- Not only shall we emulate His course while in this earthly state, But when we're freed from present cares, If with our Lord we would be heirs.
- We must the onward path pursue As wider fields expand to view, And follow him unceasingly, Whate'er our lot or sphere may be.
- For thrones, dominions, kingdoms, pow'rs, And glory great and bliss are ours, If we, throughout eternity, Obey his words, "Come, follow me."
© Copyright 2018 RK Deverich. All rights reserved.