We Three Kings
Music & Text: John H. Hopkins, Jr.
- We three kings of Orient are; Bearing gifts we traverse afar, Field and fountain, moor and mountain, Following yonder star.
Chorus: O star of wonder, star of night, Star with royal beauty bright, Westward leading, still proceeding, Guide us to thy perfect light.
- Born a king on Bethlehem plain; Gold I bring, to crown Him again, King forever, ceasing never, Over us all to reign. (Chorus)
- Frankincense to offer have I; Incense owns a Deity nigh; Prayer and praising, all men raising, Worshipping God on high. (Chorus)
- Myrrh is mine, its bitter perfume; Breathes a life of gathering gloom; Sorrowing, sighing, bleeding, dying, Sealed in the stone cold tomb. (Chorus)
- Glorious now behold Him arise; King and God and sacrifice; Heav'n sings Hallelujah; Hallelujah the earth replies. (Chorus)